Monday, May 16, 2005

Friday, The 13th

Just got out of the NGO office along with dhruv. I was quite happy as the next two days i.e. Saturday & Sunday were a holiday. Two non working days, which human being wouldn't be happy. So, i was pleased too. But then, i have just walked 20 steps from the building, that i came to recall that i have forgotten to take down a no. of one of my friends. I felt quite unluckly.

But i just let it be, didn't tried to get back to office, thinking it to be one of my usual laziness happenings. Then we went through the subway, where a girl was coming almost running, trying to dig her face deep under the ground, seemed as if she was trying to bury herself deep down under her skin. Both of us just couldn't understand whether it was due to her overwhelming happiness, or was she crying. It all seemed just hidden.

As soon as we got out of the subway, we ran for our buses. Sometimes, these buses may not even give u seconds to say good bye and stuff....... So, again i was there on one of those ROCKING buses. This one was still less painful. It's not that it was not full to its prime, neither was the driver very kind to drive according to public convenience, but it was less painful because it had a radio runing in it. Some soothing music and then those peculiar Radio Mirchi adds.

It was this bus journey, which brings me to the crux of this blog writing. Between one of those Radio City Saurabh & Sanju PJ's there came an announcement : " It's radio mirchi Traffic Control Service . All dear (pathetic) listeners, drive as carefully as possible, (everbody questioning why ??? Is it that the Delhi Police "Checking & Extra- Earning stuff" has started) because its FRIDAY, THE 13th ."

Friday The 13th is said to be the unluckiest day among all those 365 days of human errors. The very combination of universally unlucky 13 and Friday makes it quite traumatic. It's been seen that the no. of accidents increase by 50% during this day. There is quite an increase in the no. of deaths on this day.

I don't know the story behind this Friday The 13 th stuff. But as soon as i heard it my very first thought went to the bus driver. Because even if u want to travel safely these bus drivers can provide u with an opportunity of an accident, whether its Friday the 13 th or not. It hardly matters. I was quite relieved when i got down from the bus on my two legs, all healthy & sweated.

As i was walking by the road to my LG's place, the thought of my laziness, and forgetting to take down my friends no. reappeared in my mind. And as always, i gave all the credits of this mishappening to Friday The 13 th. We always do that. Don't we ??? Why shouldn't we ????

Though the evening went fine. Blaming again & again, The day, rather the date.
The next two days were holidays.
Holidays !!!!! Yeeeeeepeeeeeeeeee

I was supposed to have fun. Did I ??????
Will tell u next time. U see i m an "Alternate Blog Writer" . ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home