Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Mothers : As they Always Are

Yesterday evening was quite emotional. I went back to my LG's house, again entertaining all the bus stuff. As i reached, there was no light. I was all heated up, if u take a 15 min. walk at a brisk pace, it definitely makes u sweat. All sweated up, with no light, i settled my body, trying to equilise my body temperature with the surroundings.

As the evening grew darker and a bit less hotter, i felt a bit comfortable. Then after the sunset as i went to the gate of myLG's house to explore what everyone was doing standing at the gate in a not so lively locality. As i reached there, i saw my Chachi ji talking to an old lady. I recognised her. Once my cousins had told me about her. They said that she was a mad lady. A lady who once used to be mother of 5 children, all grown ups. And in one single accident, this pathetic soul lost 4 of them. And since all those years she has been living so madly, just for her single left child.

I wondered what this old lady was doing at my LG's gate, talking to my chachi ji. She was looking for her son. My chachi ji being a very kind hearted person, called her inside and asked her to drink a glass of water, as she was feeling very thirsty. But this not so healthy & very thirsty Old lady refused to have the glass of water saying : " Jab hamara laluu aa jayega tab hi pani piyenge" & " Tum bas hamare laluu ko la deo".

She was constantly repeating these two sentences, and i, who was keenly watching this mad lady from a side was about to burst in tears. It was so pathetic a scene for me.

And then came a voice " Amma", and this lady looked so fast & furiously towards the gate, that even light might not have escaped through the gate till then. And it was like she got her Oscar Award. And it was then that she drank the glass of water.

The most pathetic thing of all is that even knowing all this stuff, people laugh at this lady, recite her story to others and then laugh at her ( which was eventually done by my cousin sisters). So unhuman (though natural).

So , Guys this is a mother : As they Always Are
Love u Mom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home