Tuesday, July 18, 2006

from novices to masters . ..



I clearly remember I was in class 3 . Very small indeed. As innocent and as shy as a new born baby. And why wont I be, it was a new city, a new school, new people. I was in a city where I hardly knew people, I hardly had any friends, the streets were quite unknown, the air was new & so was its pollution. New were the moves that i needed to learn so as to survive. EVerything was new .. very very different.

So as I said I was as innocent as the morning dew [ :D ] .. it was exam time. I was done with all the regular subjects except for all the grade ones. It was ART the followong day. Dont know what occured to my mind, and i started drawing some scenery. I was fairly good at drawing, I mean not in terms of imagination, but ya if u give me some picture I could draw it pretty nicely, ya u can say I could copy ART well enough. I drew the scenery, showed it to mom & dad nd got some smile bringing appreciation. suddenly the devil starts it work, I grabbed the rubber and rubbed it all, with a light hand , the lines were still visible .. but it was still a white paper. I HAD DECIDED TO CHEAT ...

The following day the paper commenced, we were supposed to draw nething we wished for, what better could you expect from a 3 rd standard boy. I took out my drawing book, pretending I had all new pages in it. I started darkening the visible lines, I could have escaped easily ... but as they say .. the thief always leaves a mark .. donno out of terror of being caught or whatever i tried to hide what i was drawing, the teacher obviously caught attention of my tensed face . She suddenly came to my seat and asked me to show my book .. I WAS CAUGHT FOR SURE ...

After a minute I was standing right next to the blacboard facing the whole class. All embarrassed . From then on, I promised myself not to cheat. It was shame , you dont cheat in english,hindi, science .. not even in maths cause i was quite good at it , and ur defamed just because you tried copying some stupid art . All my time in the school till 10 th I hardly cheated . Making chits and all was far far away .

Now I am a big dude .. I am in college . rite ? I got all guts. Now we even cheat in maths, though everyone could have done it by themselves my aint answer matching necesaary, obviously it is . You are never sure as u grow old .. kids are more sure I guess . No professor scares us now, they are just a laugh away. We take precautions, we can rely completely on others for passing. WE ARE BIG TIME MUGGERS & A HUGE TIME COPY MASTERS ...

Its been a journey from a novice to a master ..

But still all the events in your lofe leave a mark .. so theres still a fear .. not the fear of being caught .. its the fear of being embarassed . We cheat , we copy .. it hardly matters ..

All that is important is not cheating on yourself & others .. life is more important .. we are here to learn .. to learn to live .. whtever comes our way .. rite !!

So, I aint a master .. m sure i wont be .. but wont even give up ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home