Friday, June 03, 2005

Delhi Blues !!!!!!!!!

Hey it's not like the Hyderabad Blues, dil pe mat le haath .................... rather its about yesteday, me & Delhi .

Yesterday i went out of the NGO at 3:00 in the afternoon, 2:30 hrs before my usual time. I had an unofficial meeting fixed with my elder brother at the Central school bus stand from where we were to go to the Lajpat Nagar Central Market. I was waiting for my bus, but it seemed as if it was not going to come till next century, so i climbed down the footpath, towards another bus and asked the conductor, would his bus go to Central school, and he very willingly said yes. So, as an unware soul i climbed on the bus, trusting not so trustable bus conductor.

As the bus continued its journey, and passed by a diversion, from where mine bus used to go, i thought i should get down, but then i thought may be he goes to the central school stand taking some other route, be it a longer one, to have maximum profits. So, half confused, and half assured from the conductor i stayed on to the bus. Then as the bus passed by DAV college, where i have been earlier & where my cousin studies, i was at once alarmed. I realised that i was befooled by the conductor.( such Stupid of me & him !!!!) Even i knew i could do nothing of that pathetic soul who has accustomed himself to the rocking delhi buses.

So, immediately i got down and sat in another bus which would take me back to Andrew's gunj. But in desperation of saving my time, i landed on Moolchand bus stand and started walking, though i had it in my mind that it would take me another year to reach the Central school stand if i continued walking. So, once again i took another bus, bus no. 724 .But today was not my lucky day. The way it was going through, i felt quite unsual & knowing that my day was not good, i got to ask the conductor that would i be able to reach Central school stand. As of my heights of dumbness i came to know that the place from where i took that bus was the central school stand.

Suddenly i got out of the bus, and with all will power decided not to get on to any bus anymore. Walking by the road i felt like "Sheep In the Big City". But then with all my logics working and my brain running like an internal combustion engine somehow i got to the desired place " The Central School stand". And not to my utter suprise he was not there. I loooked at my watch it was 4:00 pm. I have been a victim of "Delhi Bhulbhulaiya" since last 1 hr, quite unluckily so.

Now was i going to do. Whatever !!!! I will go to the Central Market. But what if i didn't find my brother ???? So what isn't that market worth exploring, eith such beautiful faces around. And may being lonely woould be a boon, free to do whatever i wish to. So, i started walked on one of those traffic busy roads of the indian capital, without knowing where to go. ( My God !!!! Am i not Adventurous.............)

Asking the passer byes after after metre or two, i ended up in front of a street which everybody said would lead me to the ravishing central market. Very excited, and all confused i came upto the street as asked a rickshaw puller standing by how could i reach the market following that road. Quite casually he said " Leave the first "CUT", and on the second take a right turn".
So, strictly following his instructions i left the first turn to the left, and when i was about to go in to the second turn towards right, i thought i should better confirm it ( U see !!!! i have a brain, I knew it was not my lucky day). And when i asked a kind old man he said that i was not to go fom there rather from the next turn to the right.

Now, only god or that geek knew what he meant by a "CUT". Was it a turn, be it left or right, or was he talking about a Chauraha. At times People can really be obnoxious.

So with all excitement & confusion, i reached the market. And as i was about to enter, swirling wind blew. It was a sort of storm. I stood wherever i was. I was totally unaware, from where & when could a peace of hoarding come flying and take away my head. But then everyting calmed down, as if i was given a sound permission to enter the market. So, after 2 hrs of ultimate bewilderment i was at my destination.

And i knew i was never going to find my brother out of anywhere. I thought it better to enjoy myself. Then it started raining, a beautiful moment to be at a beautiful place. Though the place was not that beautiful but the people were. Since it was raining & i couldnot wander around, i though of dropping on to an icecream. As i went to the parlor, i saw a beautiful lady standing there. And i was happy : " Ice cream + beautiful women " WOW !!!!!!!! I love both ( i m not a flirt). But then it has been only few seconds that i was in dreams, there came a roaring voice.
A man was shouting at the waiter. He was her boyfriend !!!!!! EEEEEEE !! as soon as i realised it i went straight to the counter " Uncle can i have a icecream plz". I quitely ate it & slippped out quickly.

Now, it was the time to look out for my brother. I was just wandering on the road, when again a voice shouted behind, and i was like " Is it her boyfriend ???? should i run for my life ???? ". But it was my brother &luckily so. My cousin was also with him.

Then we went on for shopping. My brother bought a peter england shirt for my father, then at the time of payment began the discount & stuff. My cousin started it out. These girls always do that. And i was like dear sir i m not with them. But its like good. U can only understand the importance of money only when u earn it . This month when i will get my very first salary, eveni would be arguing the rickshaw pullers for even a 5 rs. coin, which i never used to do before. Thats what heard work teahes u. Survival !!!!!!!!!!!

Then we went on shopping. Went to 3C's . Nice please to shop.
And in the end i realised, it was not my unlucky day. I mean. how many days have been there ful of such enthu, excitement, pleasure & ofcourse Confusion . At the end of the day i was very happy.

So, live up ur day to the fullest. Try to confuse urself with the rocking delhi buses & stands even if ur a expert at them. Mind it u will surely Ejoy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Delhi Blues to all .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home